Quickfire random thoughts, in the absence of sleep, and time to do an actual decent blog:
- Winter’s not a great time of year to be a hooker in New York City.
- Every 5th shop sells watches, electronics, cameras, and bric-a-brac.
- I saw a storefront bookie. I thought those only existed in the 1930s. How silly of me.
- Times Square’s M&Ms store rocks the Hershey store. Pick up the pace, Hershey.
- The old Albanian man in the hotel lobby is way too friendly. We know his life story.
- If they can’t watch a Broadway show, six episodes of Third Rock from the Sun will keep the kids occupied.’
- To That Guy on the Bus: Loud cell conversations about your your deodorant, and why the other kinds don’t do it your special type of B.O. are NOT to be heard by everyone else in Newark.
- Times Square is very commercial, and a bit gaudy.
- NOBODY should have to see an 10-story-tall picture of Conan O’Brien.
- There’s a few pretty good reasons not to walk around Manhattan when it’s 12 degrees outside. Most of them wanted to curl up and fall off my hands by noon.
- You can’t underdress for a Broadway show anymore. Khaki dockers and a nice shirt were several shades *nicer* than some folks I saw.
- Take pictures of the Broadway set fast, before the usher catches you. If you do it right, you can get a good dozen shots.
- Can’t believe I spent $4 on 12 ounces of water.
- Wicked was pretty steampunk. I liked it.
That’s about it. back to real blogs tomorrow.
Why don’t we have “Talk Like a Forty Year Old Austrian Man Day”?–Daniel.